WHAT ARE COOKIES? Cookies are small text files sent from the site to the user’s terminal (usually the browser), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the site on the next visit by the same user. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard disk or transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some of the functions of cookies can be delegated to other technologies. In this document, the term ‘cookie’ refers both to cookies, properly so-called, and to all similar technologies.
By means of cookies it is possible to record information relating to your preferences, such as the pages you navigate or the download of files from our website. site or other similar actions performed by browsing our site.
FIRST OR THIRD PARTY COOKIES Cookies can be first or third party, where “first party” means cookies developed by the owner of the site itself, while “third party” means cookies developed by third parties with respect to the Site owner.
NATURE OF COOKIES Regarding the nature of cookies, there are different types:
Technical cookies Technical cookies, used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the contractor or user to provide this service” (cf. art. 122, paragraph 1 of the Code). They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or manager of the website. They can be divided into:
– navigation or session cookies, which guarantee normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the correct functioning of the site;
– analytical cookies with anonymous data relating to the user (eg: navigation IP), similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site itself, in order to improve site performance;
– functionality cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same. The prior consent of the users is not required for the installation of these cookies (more information in the Cookie management paragraph below).
Profiling cookies Profiling cookies, used to bring specific, identified or identifiable subjects back to specific actions or recurring behavioral patterns in the use of the features offered (patterns) for the purpose of grouping the different profiles within homogeneous clusters of different sizes , so that it is also possible for the owner to modulate the provision of the service in an increasingly personalized way beyond what is strictly necessary for the provision of the service, as well as to send targeted advertising messages, i.e. in line with the preferences expressed by the user in the area of surfing the net.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site does not have direct control of individual cookies and cannot control them (it can neither install them directly nor delete them). However, you can manage these cookies through your browser settings or through the sites indicated in the “Acceptance and renunciation of cookies” section.
The User is therefore invited to check on the third party site indicated below.
DURATION OF COOKIES Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiry date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
- temporary or session (session cookies): they are used to store temporary information, allow you to connect the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
- permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, such as the login name and password, in order to avoid the user having to enter them again each time he visits a specific site. These remain stored on your computer even after you close your browser.
The so-called session cookies, once the connection to this website is terminated, are not stored. The computer systems used for this site use temporary cookies and permanent cookies.
ACCEPTANCE AND OPINION OF COOKIES
Users’ consent is not required for the installation of technical and analytical cookies.
Profiling cookies or other tracking tools, on the other hand, can only be used if the user has given his consent after being informed. This site uses a banner that allows those who wish to express their consent.
If you wish, you can directly manage cookies also through the settings of your browser. However, deleting cookies from your browser could remove the preferences you have set for this site, so it would be advisable to periodically visit this page to double-check your choices.